Phone: 081 653 5788 | Email:

Thai Education Visa for Canadian Citizens

How do I get a Thai Education Visa as a Canadian Citizen?

We are assuming you are a Canadian citizen currently in the Canada, who wants to obtain a Thai Education Visa in order to stay long term in Thailand.

Note: The shortest ED visa lasts for 3-months, however we can help you extend one to last up to 3 years.

To get a Thai education visa as a Canadian citizen, you will need to follow these steps:

  1. First, you will need to obtain a letter of acceptance from a school or university in Thailand that is recognized by the Thai Ministry of Education. This letter should include information about your course of study and the duration of your program. Thai Solutions can provide this letter of acceptance.
  2. Once you have obtained your letter of acceptance, you will need to apply for a Non-immigrant Education visa at the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in Canada. You will need to provide the following documents with your application:
  • A completed visa application form
  • Your passport, which must be valid for at least six months from the date of your intended arrival in Thailand
  • Two passport-sized photos
  • The letter of acceptance from your school or university in Thailand
  • Evidence of sufficient funds to support your studies and living expenses in Thailand
  1. After submitting your application, the embassy or consulate will review your documents and, if everything is in order, issue your education visa. You will need to pay a visa processing fee at this time.

It’s important to note that the requirements for a Thai education visa may vary depending on the specific embassy or consulate where you apply. It’s always a good idea to check with the embassy or consulate directly to confirm the documents you will need to provide and the fees you will need to pay.

Thai Embassies

Check Google Maps for the location of your nearest Thai embassy. Here are the locations of Thai embassies in some major metropolitan areas:

Royal Thai Embassy
180 Island Park Drive,
Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 0A2
Tel. 1 (613) 722-4444
Fax. 1 (613) 722-6624
E-mail: General Enquiries: ,
Consular Enquiries:

Royal Thai Consulate-General, Vancouver
1040 Burrard Street,
Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 2R9
Tel.:  1 (604) 687-1143
Fax.: 1 (604) 687-4434

Thai Trade Centre, Vancouver
Ste. 1009, 1166 Alberni Street,
Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 3Z3
Tel. 1 (604) 687-6400
Fax. 1 (604) 683-6775

Office of Commercial Affairs, Toronto
31 Gloucester Street,
Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1L8
Tel. 1 (416) 921-5400
Fax. 1 (416) 921-7545

Royal Thai Consulate–General, Toronto (Honorary)
Closed until further notice

Royal Thai Consulate–General, Montreal (Honorary)
1155 Boulevard Rene’ Lévesque Ouest, Suite 2500, 25th Floor,
Montreal, Quebec H3B 2K4
Tel. 1 (514) 878 – 4466
Fax. 1 (514) 878 – 2446

Do I have to take a Thai language class to get the Education visa?

You can take Thai classes as well as classes for other languages to obtain the Education Visa.

The most important requirement is that the school that provides the visa is accredited by the Ministry of Education.

Thai Solutions offers courses in Thai and other languages that can all come with an Education Visa:

Please note that course fees are not refundable, even if you do not attend classes.

Thai Solutions School is fully accredited by the Ministry of Education in Bangkok and has helped thousands of students obtain ED visas since 2004.