Phone: 081 653 5788 | Email:

Thai Visa for Japanese Citizens

Japanese citizens can visit Thailand without visa up to 30 days. 

If you want to stay long term in Thailand, here are your options:

Thailand Tourist Visa

You can choose between the single entry tourist visa and the multiple entry tourist visa.

If you are currently in Japan, you can apply for Thailand visa at Thai embassy or one of Thai consulates:

Education Visa

To get a Thai education visa as a Japanese citizen, you will need to follow these steps:

  1. First, you will need to obtain a letter of acceptance from a school or university in Thailand that is recognized by the Thai Ministry of Education. This letter should include information about your course of study and the duration of your program. Thai Solutions can provide this letter of acceptance.
  2. Once you have obtained your letter of acceptance, you will need to apply for a Non-immigrant Education visa at the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in the UK/Ireland/Territories. You will need to provide the following documents with your application:
  • A completed visa application form
  • Your passport, which must be valid for at least six months from the date of your intended arrival in Thailand
  • Two passport-sized photos
  • The letter of acceptance from your school or university in Thailand
  • Evidence of sufficient funds to support your studies and living expenses in Thailand
  1. After submitting your application, the embassy or consulate will review your documents and, if everything is in order, issue your education visa. You will need to pay a visa processing fee at this time.

It’s important to note that the requirements for a Thai education visa may vary depending on the specific embassy or consulate where you apply. It’s always a good idea to check with the embassy or consulate directly to confirm the documents you will need to provide and the fees you will need to pay.

List of Thai Embassies and Consulates in Japan

Royal Thai Embassy in Tokyo, 
Royal Thai Consulate General in Osaka,  
Royal Thai Consulate General in Nagoya, 
Royal Thai Consulate in Okinawa
Royal Thai Consulate in Sapporo

Do I have to take a Thai language class to get the Education visa?

You can take Thai classes, or classes in other languages to obtain the ED Visa.

The most important requirement is that the school that provides the visa is accredited by the Ministry of Education.

Thai Solutions offers courses in Thai and other languages that can all come with an Education Visa:

Since you are a Japanese national, you will not be able to take the Japanese course to obtain the Education Visa.

Please note that course fees are not refundable, even if you do not attend classes.

Thai Solutions School is fully accredited by the Ministry of Education in Bangkok and has helped thousands of students obtain ED visas since 2004.