Phone: 081 653 5788 | Email:

Thai Education Visa for US Citizens

How do I get a Thai Education Visa as a US Citizen?

We are assuming you are a US citizen currently in the USA, who wants to obtain a Thai Education Visa in order to stay long term in Thailand.

Note: The shortest ED visa lasts for 3-months, however we can help you extend one to last up to 3 years.

To get a Thai education visa as a US citizen, you will need to follow these steps:

  1. First, you will need to obtain a letter of acceptance from a school or university in Thailand that is recognized by the Thai Ministry of Education. This letter should include information about your course of study and the duration of your program. Thai Solutions can provide this letter of acceptance.
  2. Once you have obtained your letter of acceptance, you will need to apply for a Non-immigrant Education visa at the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in the United States. You will need to provide the following documents with your application:
  • A completed visa application form
  • Your passport, which must be valid for at least six months from the date of your intended arrival in Thailand
  • Two passport-sized photos
  • The letter of acceptance from your school or university in Thailand
  • Evidence of sufficient funds to support your studies and living expenses in Thailand
  1. After submitting your application, the embassy or consulate will review your documents and, if everything is in order, issue your education visa. You will need to pay a visa processing fee at this time.

It’s important to note that the requirements for a Thai education visa may vary depending on the specific embassy or consulate where you apply. It’s always a good idea to check with the embassy or consulate directly to confirm the documents you will need to provide and the fees you will need to pay.

Thai Embassies

Check Google Maps for the location of your nearest Thai embassy. Here are the locations of Thai embassies in some major metropolitan areas:

New York

Royal Thai Consulate – General, New York

  • Address: 351 E 52nd St, New York, NY 10022, United States

Los Angeles

Royal Thai Consulate – General, New York

  • Address : 611 North Larchmont Blvd., 2nd Floor, Los Angeles CA 90004, United States


Royal Thai Consulate – General, Chicago

  • Address: 700 North Rush Street, Chicago, Illinois 60611-2504, United States

Do I have to take a Thai language class to get the Education visa?

You can take Thai classes as well as classes for other languages to obtain the Education Visa.

The most important requirement is that the school that provides the visa is accredited by the Ministry of Education.

Thai Solutions offers courses in Thai and other languages that can all come with an Education Visa:

Please note that course fees are not refundable, even if you do not attend classes.

Thai Solutions School is fully accredited by the Ministry of Education in Bangkok and has helped thousands of students obtain ED visas since 2004.