For Visa application photos in Thailand (such as an Education Visa or an extension to your Tourist Visa) here are the requirements:
- 6cm x 4cm (60mm x 40mm) for Visa application
- Color: In color. No black and white accepted.
- Head size: Head should take up 70-80% of photo. Centered and looking forward.
- Background: Solid white only. No patterns or prints.
- Smile: None. Must keep neutral expression with no teeth showing.
- Headgear: Acceptable only for religious or medical purposes.
- Clothing: To be on the safe side, no tank tops. Sleeves preferable.
If you are trying to get passport photos, please check with your specific embassy for the size requirements.
Where to get my photos taken?
Chang Wattana Immigration Building
People go to the Chang Wattana Immigration building in northern Bangkok to apply for their visas. You’ll be happy to hear there are multiple photography shops in the basement that know the exact requirements and will take the correct photos without the need for additional details.
Expect to pay between 100-150 TBH.
Photography Booth in Malls
Every mall will have photography booths.
The staff will know exactly what size they are supposed to be for every type of Thai visa or work permit.
For passports, make sure you know the size yourself as different nationalities require different sizes. The staff will know the dimensions for more common nationalities.
Expect to pay between 100-150 TBH for 6-8 photos, depending on the size.
Some malls you can go to:
- MBK Mall
- Central World
- Terminal 21
The cost will be between 100-200 THB.
Important: if you are having passport photos taken for a Thai visa, make sure they are 6 cm x 4 cm. Just tell the photo provider you need “visa photos”.
Overall, getting passport photos in Bangkok is a straightforward process. Just visit a photo studio or passport photo service provider, have your photos taken, and collect the finished prints to use with your passport application.